||"A collaborative political resource."
Main points of the Likud-Kadima coalition agreement
|Last Edited||Picimpalious May 09, 2012 02:29am|
|Media||Newspaper - Jerusalem Post|
|News Date||Wednesday, May 9, 2012 10:00:00 AM UTC0:0|
|Description||• Kadima leader Shaul Mofaz will be vice premier, minister-without- portfolio and a member of ministerial committees on diplomatic, security and socioeconomic issues. |
• Kadima will keep the chairmanship of the Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee and receive the chairmanship of the Knesset Economic Affairs Committee.
• The coalition will pass an alternative to the “Tal Law” on haredi (ultra-Orthodox) conscription by August 1.
• The coalition will change the electoral system by the end of the year. The new system will be used in the next general election.
• The coalition will attempt to advance the peace process in a responsible manner.
• The coalition will draft a national emergency budget with a more equal allocation of resources.
• Kadima will remain in the government until its term is complete.