|Name||Sally Quillian Yates|
Atlanta, Georgia , United States
|| August 20, 1960
Dec 03, 2017 09:47pm
|Info||Sally Quillian Yates (University of Georgia, University of Georgia School of Law) is nominated to replace David E. Nahmias as the U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Georgia. Nahmias resigned Aug. 30, 2009 to join the state Supreme Court, a position to which he was named by Georgia Gov. Sonny Perdue. |
* Born in Atlanta, Ga., in 1960.
* Has worked in the Northern District of Georgia office since 1989. Currently is serving as acting U.S. Attorney. Has also served as an Assistant U.S. Attorney, chief of the fraud and public corruption section, First Assistant U.S. Attorney and previously served another stint as acting U.S. Attorney.
* Was an associate at King & Spalding in Atlanta from 1986 to 1989. Also was a summer associate in 1985
* Worked as a summer associate at Troutman, Sanders Lockerman and Ashmore in Atlanta in 1985.
* Was a summer associate at Swift, Currie McGhee and Hiers in Atlanta in 1984.
* Served as a staff assistant to Rep. Jack Brinkley (D-Ga.) in Washington, D.C., from October 1981 to December 1982.
* Tried approximately 15 cases to verdict as sole or lead counsel.