|Name||Barbara Sharief |
Miramar, Florida , United States
Apr 06, 2021 04:38pm
|Info||Miramar City Commissioner 2009-Present. |
Barbara was a Board member of The Miramar Pembroke Pines Chamber of Commerce, a Member of The Governmental Affairs Committee of the MPPCC, A board Member of The Urban League of Broward county and EOD Chair, a member of the Associated Home Health Industries of Florida, Miramar Pembroke Pines Regional chamber of Commerce, and Broward County’s Minority Business Women’s Enterprises. She is also a member of Broward Counties Young Democrats, Pembroke Pines/ Miramar democratic Club, Member of the South Broward Democratic Club, and the Broward County Democratic Executive Committee.
· Member of the Associated Home Health Industries of Florida 1998 to present
· 1st Vice President of Florida Student Nurses Association Executive Board
1991 to 1992.
· President of Student Nurses Association Jackson Memorial School of Nursing
1991 to 1992.
· Active member of Planning Committee for world Aids Day held at Bayside
1992 to 1992.
Served as a voting member of the House of Delegates Florida Nurses Association 1992 to 1993.
· Served on the membership Committee of Florida Nurses Association
1991 to 1993.
· Proud and active member of the Parent Teacher Organization Chapel Trail Elementary School since 2004.
· Proud and active member of the Parent Teacher Organization Silver Shores Elementary School since 2007.
Philanthropic donations of toys and food during the Children’s Medical Services Christmas toy drive for medically complex children of Broward County annually.
· Performed Community Outreach through assisting elderly clients and parents of medically complex children in accessing the healthcare system, to provide a better quality of life annually.
· Honored in 2005 by Metro Broward Capital Corporation for creation of jobs in Broward County.
· Received the business innovation Award from the Economic Institute of Broward County in 2006
· Received the Nursing Spectrum Finalist Award for Community Service on June 9, 2006
2006 Safari to Success Award for Business and Entrepreneurship
2007 Voted one of the 50 most powerful and influential Black professionals in South Florida
2008 Nominated and served as the Chair of The Urban League of Broward County's Equal Opportunity Awards Dinner
2008 Served on the Affordable Housing Advisory Committee for the city of Miramar.
Lastly, I am married with 3 children
From the candidate via email.