||"A historical political resource."
President Jeenbekov declares state of emergency in Bishkek
|Last Edited||Bojicat Oct 09, 2020 03:50pm|
|News Date||Friday, October 9, 2020 09:00:00 PM UTC0:0|
|Description||President Sooronbai Jeenbekov today signed the order declaring the state of emergency in Bishkek, reported the president's press service. |
The state of emergency will remain in effect from 8.00 p.m. of October 9 to 8.00 a.m. of October 21 over the situation posing threats to life and health of citizens as a result of mass disorders with the purpose of the soonest stabilization of the socio-political situation in the capital.
Deputy Interior Minister Almazbek Orozaliev has been designated as commandant of Bishkek for the period of the state of emergency.
The order approves the following emergency measures, temporary restrictions of rights and freedoms of citizens and their additional duties on the territory of Bishkek:
1) introduction of a curfew;
2) declaration of a special entry-exit regime of citizens;
3) prohibition for certain citizens to leave their houses (apartments) or points of observation or treatment within the established period of time;
4) involvement of police forces and military into protection of public order, strategic facilities and facilities supporting life of the city;
5) prohibition of spectacular, sport and other mass events, as well as strikes, rallies, meetings, street marches, demonstrations, pickets;
6) expulsion of public order disrupters not living in the given area, including foreign nationals, to their place of permanent residence or outside the area under the state of emergency;
7) establishment of a special order of work of companies, enterprises and organizations producing and supplying food products;
8) prohibition of dismissal of workers based on voluntary resignation, except for serious reasons;
9) introduction of control over mass media in case these media are used to escalate the tension in the area where the state of emergency has been declared;
11) introduction of special rules of use of communications;
12) introduction of additional duties for citizens in the areas where the state of em
|Article||Read Full Article|