||"A historical political resource."
General election 2019: Nick Conrad quits as Tory candidate over rape comments
|Last Edited||IndyGeorgia Nov 07, 2019 05:07pm|
|News Date||Thursday, November 7, 2019 10:20:00 PM UTC0:0|
|Description||Conservative election candidate Nick Conrad has said he is standing down over "ill-judged comments" he made on the radio about a rape case. |
The former BBC Radio Norfolk presenter, 34, had been chosen as the party's candidate for the Broadland seat.
He was criticised for saying in 2014 that women should "keep their knickers on" in an on-air discussion about rape.
Labour had said the comments showed he was not fit to be an MP and should be dropped as a candidate.
Following the revelations, Prime Minister Boris Johnson said Mr Conrad had apologised "long ago" but stressed the comments were "completely unacceptable".
|Article||Read Full Article|