||"A historical political resource."
Two killed in London explosions
|Last Edited||Ralphie Jul 07, 2005 06:16am|
|Media||TV News - British Broadcasting Corporation BBC News|
|News Date||Thursday, July 7, 2005 12:00:00 PM UTC0:0|
|Description||Two people died and large numbers of casualties were reported after at least six blasts on the Underground network and a double-decker bus in London. |
A police spokeswoman confirmed there had been two deaths at Aldgate and UK home secretary Charles Clarke said the explosions caused "terrible injuries".
The BBC's Frank Gardner said Arab sources said the blasts were probably the work of al-Qaeda.
Sir Ian Blair urged people to stay where they were and not to call emergency services unless it was a life-threatening situation.
Sir Ian said there had been "many casualties" but said it was too early to put a figure to those killed or injured and he reassured the public that an emergency plan was in place and the situation was "steadily coming under control".
|Article||Read Full Article|