|Alternate Names||საქართველოს პარლამენტი|
|Established|| May 26, 1918|
|Disbanded|| Still Active |
|Contributor||411 Name Removed|
|Last Modified||Bojicat January 13, 2021 09:50pm|
150-member unicameral legislative body of Georgia. |
Parliament was first established in 1918 as the Georgian National Parliament, then extinguished after the Bolshevik Red Army occupation begun in 1921. The Parliament was revived in 1953 as a Supreme Council, and re-inaugurated as the Parliament of Georgia on August 4, 1992.
The Parliament was moved to the city of Kutaisi by President Mikheil Saakashvili on May 26, 2012, then returned to Tbilisi on January 1, 2019.