|Address||5447 Bondy Driver |
Erie, Pennsylvania 16509, United States
|| 00, 1952
May 25, 2005 02:36am
|Info||Oligeri is a graduate of Cathedral Preparatory School in Erie and earned a B.A. in business administration from Mercyhurst College in 1974. After graduation, Oligeri became the store manager of Carter’s Shoes in the West Erie Plaza, and in 1976 he became a limited partner. In 1985, Oligeri went into business for himself and became the owner of Marshall Shoes. In 1998, Oligeri purchased an interest in Meeker Shoes. In 1990, Oligeri and Joseph Finazzo merged Shoetown, Meeker and Marshall Shoes into one company. Oligeri then operated stores in Perry, West Erie and Liberty Plazas as well as the Millcreek Mall. In 1998, all stores were consolidated into the Meeker Marshall Shoes store in the Millcreek Mall. |
· Born and raised in Erie.
· Small business owner for the past 20 years. Art knows what it means to develop and stick to a budget, meet payroll and adapt to a constantly changing marketplace.
· His strong, hands-on management style, work ethic, decision making skills and the ability to compete by developing a common-sense action plan for his business is the reason why his retail store – Meeker Marshall Shoes – is the longest standing locally owned business in the Millcreek Mall.
· Earned a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration from Mercyhurst College.
· Attended St. George’s grade school, Cathedral Prep High School.
· A family man, Art has been married to Ruth Ann Gleisner, an educator at Villa Maria Academy, for the past 30 years. The couple have three children; Arthur IV 26, Cristina 23; and Catherine 18.
· Art and Ruth Oligeri are active members of St. George’s Catholic Church in Millcreek Township where Art is an Usher.
· Past President of St. George’s Parish Council.