|Name||Carroll W. Schubert|
San Antonio, Texas , United States
Mar 20, 2005 02:49am
|Info||Carroll W. Schubert has dedicated most of his life to public service. He has seen every level of government from very different perspectives. At the federal level, he was Executive Assistant to United States Senator Lloyd Bentsen. While attending law school at the University of Texas, he worked for the State Senate. He served in County government as Chief Deputy District Attorney for Bexar County. And currently, Carroll is serving his second term on the San Antonio City Council representing District 9. This understanding of government has taught him not only how government works, but also how it doesn’t work. |
As part of his City responsibilities, he serves on the Austin-San Antonio Commuter Rail District, and also serves as Tri-Chair of the San Antonio Military Missions Taskforce (BRAC).
While on Council, he has established a scholarship fund that has awarded $231,000 worth of educational scholarships over a four-year period to children in his district, and he has been an unwavering champion for a PGA site in San Antonio.
Councilman Schubert has been involved with the YMCA for over 20 years. He previously served on the National Board of Directors, and is a past Chairman of the YMCA of San Antonio and the Hill Country.
He is a graduate of Texas A&M University and the University Of Texas School Of Law.
Councilman Schubert is an attorney by profession and he and his wife Patty are the parents of three children. They attend Alamo Heights United Methodist Church.
COMMITTEES AND MEMBERSHIPS
* City Council Quality of Life Committee (Chairman)
* City Council Military Affairs Committee (Chairman)
* City Council Governance Committee
* City Council Inter-Governmental Relations Committee
* Austin-San Antonio Intermunicipal Commuter Rail District Board
* San Antonio Military Missions Taskforce (Tri-Chair)
* Metropolitan Planning Organization
* City Council Noise Abatement Committee
* San Antonio Mobility Coalition
* Regional Mobility Authority Study Group (RMA)
* Military Liaison to: 1) HQ, Fort Sam Houston; 2) United States Army Medical Command 3) U. S. Army Medical Center and School 4) Camp Bullis 5) Brooke Army Medical Center 6) Fifth United States Army 7) U. S. Army Readiness Group 8) HQ, 49th Armored Division Artillery, Texas Army National Guard 9) 90th United States Army Reserve Command 10) United States Army 5th Recruiting Brigade (Southwest)