|Name||Joseph E. "Joe" Nation|
San Rafael, California , United States
|| July 18, 1956
Feb 09, 2023 04:52pm
* Born in Richardson, TX, 1956, to Doris Nation, a retired high school librarian, and the late Joseph B. Nation, a university researcher.
* Married Novato native Linda Nicolay-Nation in 1983. Linda is the Marketing Director for RAND California and RAND Texas, online sources of information on both states. She previously worked as an Administrative Aide at the Marin County Board of Supervisors. Linda is the founding President of the Marin League of Conservation Voters and a past President of the Kentfield Schools Foundation.
* Thirteen-year old twin daughters, Kristen and Alexandra.
* Marin homeowners since 1984.
Kristen, Joe, Linda, and Lexi Nation
* B.A, Economics, German, French, University of Colorado.
* Masters in of Foreign Service, Georgetown University.
* Ph.D., Public Policy Analysis, RAND Graduate School.
* Post-doctoral fellowship, Stanford University.
* California State Assembly, 2000-2002.
Chair, Assembly Committee on Rules
Member, Committees on Banking and Finance, Business and Professions, Utilities & Commerce, Governmental Organization.
Chair, Select Committee on Cancer Detection, Prevention, and Research.
Chair; Select Committee on North Bay Housing and Transportation.
* Managing Director, California Data & Analysis, a San Rafael-based economics and public policy consulting firm.
* Recognized expert on the California and Bay Area economies. Frequent contributor to various media outlets.
* Assistant and Adjunct Professor of Economics, University of San Francisco. Taught microeconomics, macroeconomics, public policy, and public finance. He previously taught international economics and foreign policy at the Monterey Institute for International Studies.
* More than 30 publications, including The De-escalation of Nuclear Crises (St. Martin's Press), a study of how superpowers can step back from the brink of a nuclear crisis.
* Assistant at Georgetown University to Madeleine Albright.
Political and Community Involvement
* Board of Directors, Marin Municipal Water District. Elected in 1992 by a more than two-to-one margin. Re-elected in 1996, he served two terms as Board President.
* Commissioner, California Department of Education Curriculum Development and Supplemental Materials Commission.
* Chairman, Marin Early Care and Education Strategy Alliance. Community-based effort to increase investment in early care and education.
Sources: Candidate campaign website, SmartVoter.org