|Name||J. Roy Cannon|
|Address||117 Larkspur Road |
Newark, Delaware 19711-6863, United States
|| November 16, 1951
Aug 27, 2004 09:13pm
Married 22 yrs. Two teenage children (adopted from Korea and Peru)
Member, Wilmington Monthly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends
* Seaford Senior High School, Seaford, Delaware, 1969
* Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies (Cum Laude) - University of Delaware, Newark, DE, 1974
* Master of Counseling - University of Delaware, Newark, DE, 1983
* Licensed Professional Counselor of Mental Health (LPCMH), Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC) in Delaware.
* Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS) through the National Board of Certified Counselors.
Captain, senior year baseball and football teams
Nine letters during high school sports career
DJ on the University of Delaware student run radio station, WVUD
Committee member for developing GPDE By-laws.
Editor, The Green Diamond, GPDE weekly email newsletter
Editor, The Honker, Brandywine Program employee newsletter
Over 20 years experience as a mental health counselor in a variety of settings including independent practice, residential treatment, vocational rehabilitation, school-based clinics, crisis intervention, and intensive outpatient services.
Currently serve as Clinical Director with Diakon’s Brandywine Program. Work part-time as Religious Education Coordinator for Wilmington Friends Meeting.
Current Member-at-large, GPDE Coordinating Council
Current member of Wilmington Friends Meeting Service Committee
Former Shop Steward -Delaware Public Employees Council 81, AFSCME
Governors Award (1992) - participant in States most innovative health care program
Past Chair of the GPDE Newark Local
Former GPDE National Representative to the Green Party of the United States
Past Chair of the GPDE Peace Committee
Former District Representative for the Meadowood Civic Association
Past Delaware Media Representative for the Green Party of the United States
Former Clerk of the Religious Education Committee at Wilmington Friends Meeting