Kansas City, Missouri , United States
Feb 07, 2015 04:45pm
Moderate - Pro-Civil Unions - Pro-Life - Married -
1. Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from the University of Arkansas 1980, Honor Role in college, passed Professional Engineer-in-Training Exam.
1. Worked as General Machinist, farm hand, and Certified Professional Auto Mechanic during the 1970’s.
2. Worked as an Electrical Engineer in the Kansas City area during the 1980’s.
3. Worked as a City Designer on numerous urban renewal projects in Kansas City and smaller communities in Tennessee during the 1990’s to the present.
4. Restored 27 historical homes, 22 in Kansas City and 5 in Tennessee from 1981 thru 2004.
From 1991 to 2003 designed, organized, and led numerous petition initiatives involving the restoration and reuse of Union Station, Liberty Memorial, and Penn Valley Park; and public transportation proposals that included: light rail, electric streetcars, low emission busses, bicycle lanes, and a multi-modal Transportation Center at Union Station.
I am happily married and have a teenage daughter. In my personal life I try to achieve balance mentally, physically, and spiritually and I intend to maintain that balance in Washington. I enjoy riding my horse, gardening, hiking and biking, doing crossword puzzles with my wife, and reading.