|Address||153 West Pike St |
Houston, Pennsylvania 15342-1428, United States
|| January 29, 1941
Jan 29, 2021 08:07pm
Air Force - Greek Orthodox -
|Info||Demo Agoris - "FOR THE PEOPLE" |
Also, a Libertarian candidate for Houston Borough Town Council in 2017.
Birth Date: 01/29/41 - Birth Place: Canonsburg, PA
Parents: Maria(1911-2002) & Harry Agoris(1899-1978)
Life Long Christian and resident of Houston, PA
Current Public Office: Government Study Commissioner(Chairman)
Qualifications: CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING WISDOM IN - governmental service, nonprofit organizations, neighborhoods, owner-based businesses, and military service. POSITIVE LEADERSHIP - unifying people by generating peace of mind.
Defined: Positive Leadership, AGAPY, & SOFIA - www.a7s.us ,1991
Elected Councillor, Borough of Houston, as Dem & Rep 1995
Candidate, PA State House, District 48, 1998
Elected Government Study Commissioner, Borough of Houston, 2000
Candidate, PA State House, District 48, 2000
Created: Save Our State Party, 2002
BS Degree, Meteorology, The Pennsylvania State University
Diploma, Academic Course, Canonsburg High School
Certificate, Crypto Equipment Repair, United State Air Force
Diploma, Electronics Fundamentals, Air University (USAF)
Certificates, Locksmithing & Advanced Locksmithing, Belsaw
Owner - Manager, Agoris Candies, Since 1971
Owner - Founder, AGoris And Passadis Enterprises (AGAPE), Since 1991
Owner, Agoris Real Estate, Since 1970
Electronics Repairman, PA Air National Guard, 1964-1970
Anagnostis, Greek Archdiocese of North & South America, Since 1955
Lifelong Member, All Saints Greek Orthodox Church
Member, American Hellenic Educational Progressive Association, 1972
Member, The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Since 1976
Life Member, The American Legion - PA Post 902, Since 1980
Life Member, Consumer Union of the United States, Since 1985
Life Member, Penn State Alumni Association, Since 1967
Member, F & A M and York Rite, Since 1965
Life Member, Scottish Rite and The Shrine, Since 1972
Member, Serb National Federation, Since 2002
Member, Chartiers Creek Watershed Association, Since 2002
Founder & Chairman, Canonsburg's Color Computing Club, Since 1982
Issue: Top Three Legislative Priorities
1. INCREASING GOVERNMENTAL EFFICIENCY WITH COST AND SIZE REDUCTIONS - ALL state-funded agencies and governmental entities should be subject to periodic evaluation of their effectiveness, efficiency, and necessity.(eliminate - Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission)
2. TERM LIMITS; CAMPAIGN FINANCE REFORM - Public service should be an honor, not an occupation.
3. SAVE OUR TOWNS, FARMS, AND LANDS with local problem solving programs such as NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH, 4-H, GRANGE, etc.
Issue: Merit Selection of Appellate Judges
Merit selection reduces public input. TO INCREASE PUBLIC INPUT:
1. Replace state-wide judicial elections with judges elected
from nine non-gerrymandered judicial districts.
2. TERMS - six years. 3. LIMITS - one term per appellate court.
4. Totally non-partisan elections. 5. No campaign spending.
6. Prerequisite - six years as common pleas judge or magistrate.
Issue: Gun Safety
TO TEACH, PREACH, AND EDUCATE:
1. Gun respect. 2. Gun safety.
3. Guns, people with guns, and violence DO NOT solve problems.
4. The best problem solving weapon is AGAPY.
5. AGAPY is patience, kindness, caring, forgiveness, faith, truthfulness, hope, communicating, calmness, understanding, self-control, golden rule, and all that is right & just.
6. The word processor is more powerful than the gun.
7. Guns should be sold with instructions and a warning label similar to those required on tobacco and alcoholic products.
WARNING: Guns are a very dangerous weapon and do not solve problems. Read instructions for proper usage.
Issue: Public Education?
1. The Pennsylvania Constitution directs the General Assembly to provide and support EFFICIENT public school systems.
2. ALL state-funded agencies and governmental entities should be subjected to periodic evaluations of their effectiveness, efficiency, and necessity.
3. Require more parental involvement.