|Address||1371 Thompson Station Rd |
Newark, Delaware , United States
Jul 05, 2018 12:37am
• Currently an owner and the Chief Financial Officer of Seaboard Hotels. Seaboard develops and manages hotel and retail properties in Rehoboth Beach, Dewey Beach and Nags Head, North Carolina.
• Previously held the position of Managing Director at Citadel, LLC, a global investment fund. Ken oversaw a billion dollar portfolio at Citadel and managed personnel in Chicago, San Francisco, New York/Greenwich, London and Tokyo. Among other duties, Ken served on Citadel’s firm-wide investment committee.
• Began his career as a corporate attorney at Kirkland & Ellis, a national law firm. At K&E, Ken worked primarily on private acquisitions and capital raising transactions.
• Currently enrolled at the University of Delaware’s School of Public Policy & Administration with the expectation of a Master of Public Administration degree. During his studies, Ken was awarded the Barry R. Morstein Award for academic excellence and commitment to public service and diversity.
• Completed his graduate work at the University of Chicago, receiving an M.B.A with honors from the Graduate School of Business and a J.D. with honors from the Law School.
• Earned his undergraduate degree, summa cum laude, from Princeton University as a political economy major.
• Graduated summa cum laude from St. Andrew’s School in Middletown. Upon graduation, Ken represented SAS in Delaware’s 30th Blue-Gold All-Star Football Game.
Family, Farm & Community
The Simpler family in front of the Rehoboth Bandstand.
• Ken met his wife, Liz, in their freshman year at college; they will celebrate their 23rd wedding anniversary in August of this year. Ken, Liz and their three children live in Newark.
• Born and raised in Rehoboth Beach, the son of Ken and Karen Simpler. While growing up, Ken’s family operated the Avenue Restaurant, a popular Rehoboth eatery.
• Working to restore a more than 200-year old farm, with the ambition to ultimately have a commercially viable operation offering local produce as well as dairy and livestock products.
• Serves on the board of directors of Draper Holdings, the parent company of WBOC and Fox 21, and the finance committee of Beebe Healthcare.
• Completed a fellowship with Leadership Delaware in 2011.