|Address||6344 East State Blvd |
Fort Wayne, Indiana , United States
Mar 26, 2020 05:23pm
|Info||State Representative Robert (Bob) Morris was born in Streator, Illinois, and moved to Fort Wayne in 1976, residing in that area of Allen County now defined as the 84th House District. |
Morris attended Saint Charles Borromeo Catholic School, Bishop Dwenger High School and Indiana University.
A graduate of the Indiana University (Bloomington), Rep. Morris has spent the last twelve years founding four entrepreneurial ventures, including a chain of successful retail stores known as Healthkick Nutrition Centers.
Rep. Morris has a track-record of responsible involvement in the Northeast Indiana Business Community:
* In 2001, Rep. Morris was elected President of the Georgetown Merchant Association.
* In 2003, Rep. Morris was selected by the Indiana Humanities Council to receive the "Governor's Award for Tomorrow's Leaders."
* In 2004, Rep. Morris helped establish the Young Leaders of Northeast Indiana.
Rep. Morris has also been active with the Greater Fort Wayne Chamber of Commerce and has worked with the Northeast Indiana Corporate Council addressing the issue of "brain-drain" and collaborating with business leaders in re-developing a vibrant economic base for a new generation of young workers.
In addition, Rep. Morris serves on the boards of the Purdue University Extension Service and Northeast Indiana Crime Stoppers.
Rep. Morris demonstrates traditional commitment in his community. He and his family attend, and are active in, Saint Charles Borromeo Catholic Church.
* In 1995, he represented the Fort Wayne-South Bend Diocese at World Youth Day in Manila, Philippines.
* In the Jubilee Year 2000, he served on the Diocesan Evangelization Committee
From 2005-2006, Rep. Morris was a state-sworn officer of the New Haven Police Department (Reserves).
Rep. Morris has been married to Erin (Bushnell) for 12 years and they have five children: Edward, Anna, Grace, Lewis and John. The family is active in the Arlington Park Neighborhood Association in Northeast Fort Wayne.