|Name||Mark E. Lioen|
|Address||2140 31st Avenue |
Rock Island, Illinois 61201, United States
|| August 15, 1952
Jul 16, 2019 11:38pm
|Info||Biographical Details |
* Born on August 15, 1952 in Davenport, Iowa and raised in Bettendorf, Peoria and Indianapolis
* A graduate of the College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, Massachusetts, spending one year at Trinity College, Dublin
* Awarded an M.Sc. [Econ] from the London School of Economics and Political Science
* Worked at a bank as well as John Deere Harvester in East Moline before returning to the LSE
* At the LSE, I did postgraduate research into regional government and legislative politics.
I also worked part-time for one of the largest opinion poll firms in Great Britain as well as as a research assistant for George Robertson, a Scottish Member of Parliament who later became Minister of Defense, and as Lord Robertson, the Secretary General of NATO.
* While assisting Mr. Robertson, I worked on a number of legislative questions such as housing and taxes.
* Returned to Rock Island to work as a substitute teacher
* In 2008, I ran as an Independent write-in candidate for Congress in the 17th congressional district of Illinois.