Long Beach, California 90801, United States
Mar 25, 2012 05:09pm
|Info|| Life Long Educator |
Peter Mathews has spent 28 years as a College and University Professor educating people. Born into a family of educators, his father was a university professor and clinical psychologist, and his mother, a teacher. At an early age, Mathews learned the value of human dignity and to cherish education. This has molded his beliefs about the role of government in the world today.
As an educator, Peter has seen, first hand, the effects that a lack of funding has had on the education of our children. He has visited schools, many in cities such as Compton, Carson, and Long Beach, that do not have basic necessities such as updated textbooks, computers, adequate number of classrooms, credentialed teachers, and after school arts academic and sports programs. These are tools that will ensure that our children receive the high quality education they deserve. Peter founded Rescue Education California in 1993
* Chair of the Department of Political Science at Cypress College.
* Television and Radio Political Analyst on subjects of Local, State, National, and International Issues.
* Professor of American Government and International Relations.
* Bachelors Degree in Political Science and Bachelors Degree in Psychology.
* Masters Degree in Political Science from the University of North Texas.
* Doctoral Studies at the University of Southern California
* Recipient of Cypress College Faculty Development Award 2003