Galena, Illinois , United States
|| July 31, 1939
Jul 31, 2020 01:35am
|Info||Richard D. "Dick" Auman |
• was born in Freeport & grew up in Galena.
• has been married to Mary Racey Auman since 1966 and has two adult children – Elizabeth and Christopher.
• served three years in the U.S. Marine Corps.
• has a BS in English and a MS in Counselor Education from the University of Wisconsin — Platteville, plus a MS in English from the University of Northern Illinois.
• taught English in Plymouth, Wisconsin & Algonquin, Illinois, and served as a school counselor in Elizabeth, Illinois.
• worked for Catholic Social Services in Freeport and Galena.
• had a private practice in personal, family and marriage, and divorce mediation counseling as an Illinois Licensed Clinical Counselor and Certified Divorce Mediator.
• served as two-term Mayor of Galena from 1997 to 2005.
Dick's tenure as Mayor marked an exceptionally busy period of public works projects, including downtown street and sidewalk reconstruction, park redesign and improvements, new boat launch, bike path, several water and sewer projects and installation of a state-of-the-art sewage plant.
He was instrumental, as Mayor, in obtaining $5,225,000 in federal and state funding for these important local infrastructure projects.