St. Bride’s, Newfoundland and Labrador , Canada
|| May 21, 1964
Jul 05, 2006 07:53pm
|Info||Fabian Manning was born and raised in the Cape Shore Community of St. Bride’s. The son of Walter and Julia Manning. Fabian grew up in a family business and learned at an early age the challenges and opportunities of public service. |
Following completion of high school at Fatima Academy, St. Bride’s, Fabian attended the District Vocational School at Placentia and completed a Carpentry and Joinery Program.
After two years of employment in Fort McMurray, Alberta, Fabian returned to the Province in 1983 to work full-time in the family business and become involved in the economic and social development of his community and region.
Fabian’s community involvement included ...
* Cape Shore Area Development Association
* St. Bride’s Town Council
* St. Bride’s Volunteer Fire Department
* Cape Shore Tourism Association
* Sacred Heart Parish Council
* St. Bride’s/Cuslett Come Home Year Committee
* Cape Shore Senior’s Housing Association
* Fatima Academy School Council
* Argentia Area Chamber of Commerce
* Avalon Gateway Regional Economic Development Board
Fabian was hired as co-ordinator for the Cape Shore Area Development Association in April of 1990. He served in this position until he was first elected to the House of Assembly at age 28 on May 3, 1993, for the District of St. Mary’s The Capes. Fabian was re-elected for the District of Placentia & St. Mary’s in the General Elections of February 9, 1999 and October 21, 2003.
In November 2003 Fabian was appointed Party Whip for the new Danny Williams Government. He served as Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Education from October 1, 2004 to April 28, 2005. On May 5, 2005, Fabian first sat in the House of Assembly as an Independent Progressive Conservative Member.
As a member of the opposition Fabian served as the critic for...
* Tourism, Culture & Recreation
* Employment & Labour
* Government Services & Lands
* Human Resources & Employment
* Youth Services and post secondary education.
He also served as Parliamentary Assistant to the Leader of the Opposition, a member of the P.C. Caucus Strategy Committee and as a member of the Public Accounts Committee.
Fabian is married to Sandra (nee Dohey) of St. Bride’s, where they reside with their three children, Fabian Jr., Mark and Heather.