|Name||Thomas J. Harens|
St. Paul, Minnesota , United States
|| June 00, 1954
|Contributor||The Oncoming Storm|
Jan 17, 2009 06:29pm
|Info||director of a non-profit |
B.A. from the University of Winona [Minnesota]
Thomas Harens, a chronology
Born and raised on farm in Worthington Minnesota
Graduated from Winona State University with Political Science Degree
* Campaign Manager/Senior Staffer – Two US Senate campaigns
* Elected to Minnesota Legislature at age 25 from St. Paul.
o Passed first wind to energy bill.
* Managed successful national recording artists, Limited Warranty
* Appointed Special Events Director, Earth Day 1990 Los Angeles and Earth Day International
* Eco Entrepreneur/Electric Vehicle Mass Transit Development:
o Development and Government Relations Director, E-Tran electric vehicle project.
o Developed consortium of colleges for project – St. Cloud State University, St. Cloud Technical College, St. Benedict’s College and St. John’s University.
* Corporate Marketing Manager - Educational training firms, including ExecuTrain of Minnesota, the global leader in computer training at that time.
Founded Inventing Solutions, a not-for-profit, eco-entrepreneurism project development agency. Projects:
o Green trade association for region
o Consultant to Century College new environmental institute
o FUTURE GREEN – development of traveling display of latest green innovations
o MVS (Mobile Voting Systems)
o VRT (Vehicle Rapid Transit) the personal electric vehicle mass transit system and transcontinental freight carrying system
o Earth Market Network – A cooperative media and Internet marketing model
o Earth Markets – Cooperative event booths and store within store retail development
o Earth Vision – An annual Earth Day media campaign, internet forum and event
* Garnered 3000 signatures as statewide candidate for federal office – 2004
see his Wikipedia page for more information:[Link]