|Address||1945 30th St S. |
St. Cloud, Minnesota 56301, United States
|Contributor||The Oncoming Storm|
|Last Modified||Progressive Scot|
Apr 06, 2012 04:51pm
Anti-Social Security Privatization - Health Care Reform - Pro Environment - Pro-Life - Catholic -
|Info||Anne Nolan's Background: |
Anne Nolan is a progressive attorney/MBA with a concentration in labor studies. Anne has worked as a lawyer, law clerk for Stearns County District Court Judge Richard Jessen, research analyst, union leader and information technology specialist. She formerly was co-chair of the Great River Interfaith Partnership's (GRIP) livable-wage task force in St. Cloud. Anne lives in St. Cloud with her husband, Bryant Julstrom, and their three children.
Anne's policy interests include:
* Workers� rights, work/family balance, workplace communication, and workplace ethics.
* Sustainable economic development in the Midwest, including transportation, renewable energy, and living wages.
* Organizing traditionally non-union workers, including IT professionals, health care professionals, and women.
* Faith and labor coalitions and Catholic social teaching on economic justice.
* MBA, Henry B. Tippie School of Management, The University of Iowa, 2002.
Concentration in Labor Studies and Communication
* Juris Doctor, cum laude, University of Minnesota Law School, 1992.
Law Student Recognition Award, Labor and Employment Law Section, Minnesota
State Bar Association.
* MS in Computer Science, The University of Iowa, 1983.
* BS in Computer Science and Psychology, The University of Iowa, 1980.
Past and Present Experience:
* Advisory Board member, Take Back Your Time
* Former Co-chair, Livable Wage Task Force. [Volunteer position.] Great River Interfaith Partnership (GRIP), a Gamaliel affiliate, St. Cloud, MN.
* Midwest Research Analyst. Good Jobs First, Washington, D.C. Good Jobs First is a national clearinghouse of best practices in accountable economic development. Staffed our Midwest office in Minneapolis, which served Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, and Wisconsin.
* Senior Consultant. Keane, Inc., Edina, MN.
* Instructor, Business Computer Information Systems. St. Cloud State University
* Law clerk for Judge Richard T. Jessen. Seventh Judicial District of Minnesota,
St. Cloud, MN.
* Farm Desk Attorney. Legal Aid Society, Inc., Walthill, NE.
* Legal Project Assistant. Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction,
* Software Analyst. Iowa Legislature, Computer Support Bureau, Des Moines, IA.
* Senior Systems Analyst, State Assessments. National Computer Systems,
Iowa City, IA.
* Lead Programmer/Analyst, Data Consolidator project. Norand Corporation,
Cedar Rapids, IA.
* Programmer/Analyst. CONDUIT, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA.
[from candidate's website on 13 August 2004]