|Name||Lawrence P. Clark|
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania , United States
|| July 16, 1973
May 18, 2011 07:39pm
|Info||Lawrence P. Clark, 32, who owns his own flooring company and works as a technician for a defense contractor. |
Experience and service:
• Small business owner – Underfeet Floors, Inc.
• Former National Sales Director for a dance floor company with $2 million in annual sales.
• Olympic torch bearer for summer games in Atlanta, 1996.
• Founder, Mentoring Program at Daniel Boone School.
• Founder of Ife Afro American Dance Arts and Humanities company, teaching dance and music nationally.
• Graduate of William Penn High School with a major in communications.
• Honorary degree from Jefferson University.
Commitment to community:
• Appointed Democratic Committeeperson 37th Ward, 5th Division.
• Co-Chair of Steps to Healthier Philadelphia, a $4 million program that fights asthma, obesity, and diabetes in collaboration with schools and community organizations.
• Member, Community Advisory Board for Germantown and Lehigh Merchants Association.
• Former Board Member of The Lighthouse.
• Former Vice President of neighborhood Town Watch.
• Former Board Member, St. Edwards - Hartranft Neighborhood Advisory Council.
• Steering Committee Member for Shared Prosperity community planning collaborative.
• Organized neighborhood youth to clean up and maintain vacant lots.
• Featured in the Philadelphia Free Library’s 1996 exhibit on young activists in the United States.