Tampa, Florida , United States
|| November 17, 1965
Feb 24, 2013 08:07pm
|Info||Asst Hillsborough County DA |
- A graduate of the University of Florida and Stetson Law School. Bondi served as a front-line prosecutor for the past 18 years.
- As an Assistant State Attorney, Bondi served under five State Attorneys in the 13th Judicial Circuit, a department of more than 100 attorneys.
- Bondi’s investigative and courtroom experience came into play with nationally celebrated cases, including putting Adam Davis on death row for the murder of Vicky Robinson and convicting Melvin Givens of first degree murder for the stabbing death of local NBC-News Producer Danielle Cipriani.
- Bondi regularly traveled to Tallahassee to oppose the parole of convicted murderers and rapists.
- Bondi served as Felony Bureau Chief and a key member of internal homicide, vehicular homicide, and DUI manslaughter committees. She also sat on the Executive Committee responsible for budget, personnel and legal strategies.
- Bondi has served as the Vice Chair of the Florida Bar Grievance Committee, and in Tampa Bay United Way, the Children’s Board, Junior League, and on the University of Florida Gator Club Board of Directors.
- Bondi received the Tampa Bay Review’s 2001 “Lawyers of Distinction” and has also received the Italian “Woman of Excellence in Government” award.
A native of Tampa, Bondi is a fourth generation Floridian, and hails from a family dedicated to service, including three generations of educators.