|Address||418 Bunning Dr |
Downers Grove, Illinois , United States
Jan 17, 2014 04:45pm
|Info||Within just six weeks of taking office as the DuPage County Auditor, Bob made DuPage the first county in the State of Illinois to put its entire Checkbook on-line. This was done without hiring expensive consultants or having to purchase new costly technologies. Since then, he has added other common sense improvements to the field of government accountability. He implemented an “Audit Hotline”, which allows any employee or average citizen a simple way of pointing out Fraud, Waste or Abuse. |
Building on his Transparency success, Bob’s office has developed a county Transparency Portal. Government in Illinois is hopelessly complex and thus even the best of intentions regarding openness can get lost behind our Byzantine structures. This is a one stop shop internet page, where anyone, no matter how basic their understanding of county government, can find all the financial data they are looking for.
Before taking office, Bob worked in public accounting where he audited governments, pension plans and not-for-profit organizations. Prior to working in public accounting, he worked in the banking industry.
• Certified Public Accountant (2002)
- Passed all four sections of CPA exam on first attempt: FARE- 95, ARE- 93, Audit- 92, Law- 92.
• Certified Fraud Examiner (2010)
• Commissioner, DuPage County Zoning Board of Appeals (2005-2008)
• Staff Assistant, Rep. Harris Fawell, 13th Illinois Congressional District (1996-1997)
• Secretary, Clarendon Blackhawk Mosquito Abatement District Board (2001-2006)
• Board Member, DuPage Regional Planning Commission (2003-2005)
• Miami University (Ohio)
-Bachelors of Arts Degree
-Double Major: Economics and Political Science
• College of DuPage
-Advanced Accounting Certificate
-Phi Theta Kappa
• Illinois CPA Society
• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
• Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
• Government Finance Officers Association
• Illinois Association of County Auditors
• Board Member, Des Plaines Valley Council of Boy Scouts of America (2010-current)
• Board Member, Education Foundation of Downers Grove, District 38 (2010-2012)
• President, United Way of the DuPage Area (2003-2005)
Chaired the consolidation committee for merger of six separate 501(c) 3s into a single more efficient organization. Reorganized and cut expenses by more than 30%. Oversaw largest United Way in suburban Chicago at the time and created the lowest overhead cost structure. Awarded United Way of Metropolitan Chicago’s first Vision and Leadership Award (2006) for efforts in developing regional organization and creating a new process to allocate funds.
• Member, College of DuPage Accounting Department Advisory Board (2002-current)
• Secretary/Treasurer, United Way of South DuPage (2002-2003)
• ESL Teacher, People Educating People (2001-2002)
• Pop Warner Football Coach (1994-1999)
• Vice-Chairman Downers Grove Township Republican Organization (2005-current)
• Precinct Committeeman, DuPage Republican Party (1998-current)
• Treasurer, Federation of Illinois Young Republicans (2003-2006)
• Treasurer, DuPage Young Republicans (2002-2004)
• Resident of Downers Grove. Married to Beth. They have three children: Anastasia, Robert and Evelyn
• Traveled to over 50 countries independently in Europe, Middle East, South America and Asia.